We undertake cost-effective repairs and servicing in our open workshop, where you can view our trained mechanics at work. The most widely asked question is of course ' how much will it cost', we've listed typical servicing costs below and an idea of the cost of standalone repairs, such as fitting a new tube.
Often it is cheaper than these costs, we operate a system whereby repairs are assessed in your presence, costed and explained and agreed with you before we start repairs / service. We only charge for what we do! All we ask is that bikes are brought to us in a clean condition and are collected promptly, we try to work same day / next day where possible.
All works and advisories all listed on your receipt and recorded on our records. We are Cytech 2 accredited and an authorised Shimano Service Centre.
* Please note that prices exclude the cost of parts fitted such as cables or bar tape.
- fit new tube, including tyre check (excludes new tube) £5
- cut new chain to correct length and fit various, from free of charge with premium chain, maximum £7.50 otherwise
- fit cassete various, from free of charge with cassette purchase to £5 maximum othwerwise
- brake bleeding typically £8 - £12
- bottom bracket replacement, £15-£20 depending on bottom bracket thread condition
Winter lay-up service
Tuck your pride-and-joy away for the winter, all ready to roll for the spring. We pay particular attention to lubing front and rear mech pivot points, brake caliper pivots, greasing cables, lubing spoke nipples where applicable, to ensure that nothing is seized or poorly functioning after an extended period of lay-up. Typically £30-£60, depending on whether a complete strip down and deep clean is undertaken.